Monday, May 25, 2015

Wanted - Roommate...

My roommate is a complete waste of space.

Seriously.

I’ve had 4 roommates before her …and she’s literally the worst one to date.

There’s no stimulating conversation to be had with a young mom who’s such a “captain obvious” (for example ‘Ms. Vega, your daughter is not here?’  …well, duh, do you see her in the room?!), clique follower that demands to be treated like a princess (but is willing to be a “lap dog” to the court i.e. the clique). It’s funny how she sucks up these group of women …thinking they’re her friend when in actuality they’re truly not. They talk about her behind her back as well as in front of her …she’s mostly the butt of their jokes – so where’s the friendship to be had in this?

I don’t “get “ her mentality.

Oh the “princess” part – that’s actually fact. It stems from the treatment received from her father and step-father …now she expects the same from this guy she chats on the phone (until sometimes to 2 am). Still, she knows that she has to work for what she wants for herself and daughter. Again, this mentality of hers drives me crazy! Listening to her phone conversations (can’t help it because she TALKS SO LOUD when I’m trying to sleep – 5:15a for culinary class comes SO fast) will make you shake your head. She complains about everything …her baby daughter to washing dishes at a nursing home …to why her supervisor made her remake a food item after sneezing near it (well, she works in a high risk populace employment and her germs could get someone sick there …something learned while in culinary class).

The room is too hot …then it’s too cold – this girl (would not dare call her “woman”) is NEVER satisfied!

Now, I have resorted to playing my German/Russian rock music just to get some sleep.

Speaking of culinary class …I’m in my fifth and fast approaching the tail end of the 6 week classroom part before starting my 3-week internship. Getting nervous because the test is next Friday! I do study every night …every moment when I can in between helping out in the computer lab (oh yeah – I do that too …monitoring the lab on the weekends and then assisting the basic skills computer class 4 nights a week). Learned they love to see residents staying busy and focused on things instead of lounging around and doing nothing.

Besides, I like volunteering …for one simple fact to which I refuse to disclose here.


Anyway …wish me luck – 80 questions to pass in order to get my sanitation license (hopefully, my roommate will be gone by the time I start my internship)…

No comments:

Post a Comment